Posted to sci.engr.joining.welding,alt.home.repair
Winston Winston is offline

Default Aquarium Stands for 3, 10-gal Tanks

The Ranger wrote:
/doffs hat to Master Winston

As further explanation, the classroom is almost a perfect square, 28'X29',
with one corner devoted to a "reading/library" area (10'X5'). I am currenly
using a slanted book/magazine display rack as the seperator wall. It's fine
for what it does but I would like to replace the rack with something more
solid which will also offer dual observation points for the animals. The
classroom is currently set up for kindergartners (4-6-yo.) The majority know
that the tank area is not a jungle gym. I was thinking of having one stand
holding 3 10-gallon tanks (expandable to four) which would hold a variety of
animals (tropical fish, crayfish, leopard frogs, tadpoles, snails.) The
current set-ups are quite heavy so they're resting along a cabinet area
along the back wall. I would prefer to be able to anchor said stand to wall
since I live in the Shake-and-Bake state.

Many thanks!

The Ranger

Is the classroom on a poured concrete slab?
Sounds like masonry anchors into the floor would be
useful as well.

--Winston