Posted to rec.woodworking

Default OT How can anyone take PETA seriousely?

"Morris Dovey" wrote:

I understand that "vegetarian" was an North American indian word
that means "lousy hunter".

Maybe it was a tall tale, I'll never know, but my Dad told me that
when he was a boy he was given a rifle and ONE cartridge and told, "Go
get breakfast".

A case of get something or go hungry, you learn to shoot accurately in
a hurry under those conditions.

All I know is I watched him "Bark" squirrels with a small single shot
..22 until he was past 40 when he had to start wearing glasses and lost
his "Eye".

SFWIW, When he started wearing glasses was the first time I was able
to beat him shooting straight pool.

Lew