Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair

Default Hex hammer bits?

"Ignoramus18183" wrote in message
I have in my possession an assortment of what looks like hammer drill
or air hammer bits (chisel end, point end etc) that have hex
shanks. The shanks are about 1/2" in diameter (I am going by
memory). I have never seen a tool that would take such shanks, any
idea what they are for?

I can take a picture if that would clarify anything.

*I have an old rotary hammer with the Hitachi name on it that uses hex bits.
I have seen this exact same rotary hammer for sale on ebay several times
under different brands. I contacted Hitachi about it once and they had no
idea what I was talking about. Somehow I found instructions for it online
somewhere. Send me some pictures.