Posted to sci.engr.joining.welding,alt.home.repair
The Ranger[_4_] The Ranger[_4_] is offline

Default Aquarium Stands for 3, 10-gal Tanks

/doffs hat to Master Winston

As further explanation, the classroom is almost a perfect square, 28'X29',
with one corner devoted to a "reading/library" area (10'X5'). I am currenly
using a slanted book/magazine display rack as the seperator wall. It's fine
for what it does but I would like to replace the rack with something more
solid which will also offer dual observation points for the animals. The
classroom is currently set up for kindergartners (4-6-yo.) The majority know
that the tank area is not a jungle gym. I was thinking of having one stand
holding 3 10-gallon tanks (expandable to four) which would hold a variety of
animals (tropical fish, crayfish, leopard frogs, tadpoles, snails.) The
current set-ups are quite heavy so they're resting along a cabinet area
along the back wall. I would prefer to be able to anchor said stand to wall
since I live in the Shake-and-Bake state.

Many thanks!

The Ranger

"Winston" wrote in message
Everybody, this is my pal The Ranger from alt.home.repair.
He would like a stout support for his fish aquariums, to be
installed in an elementary school on an 'out of pocket'
budget.

He's not comfortable with starting a welding hobby but would
like your suggestions on how he can get a nice solid stand made
for the classroom. First prize would be for one of our
Master Fabricators to show up with a portable fab shop.

--Winston

The Ranger wrote:
Winston wrote in message
The Ranger wrote:
HeyBub wrote in message
[snip]
Does the school have a metal shop?
No, unfortunately, it doesn't and neither do I [..]

[snip]
Here is your opportunity to start a fascinating hobby!
Come on over to sci.engr.joining.welding and ask the
great folks who do this kind of stuff every day, would
be my suggestion.

"Honey! Ch'oo got som' 'splainin' t' do!"

My current hobbies are equipment-heavy already. I cannot imagine having
to explain why I was enhancing my garage experience further with another
round of equipment financing.

I'll keep looking for a welder that'll donate the time and effort if I
provide the materials.

The Ranger