Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob Villa Bob Villa is offline

Default Questions About Dowsing For Water

On Jun 18, 11:24*am, Dwight wrote:
Ulysses wrote:
"Dwight" wrote in message

I need to drill a new well and would like to use a dowser.

(I am a believer in dowsing, and I can do a little of it myself.)

Two questions:

1. We have aquifers at the 75 foot level, and my dowser 25 years ago
found one easily, but we have a nitrate problem, and we need to go for
the larger flows which are between 100 and 250 feet.

Can dowsers "see through" the shallow aquifers and find the deeper,
larger resources?

2. Does anyone have suggestions for how I can find a dowser in the
Kingston/Poulsbo/Silverdale area of Kitsap County, State of Washington?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Dwight Gibb

Where I live we are still kinda backwards and ignorant (Southern California)
and everyone I know that got a good well drilled used a well witcher. *Most
of them used the same guy. *The one person I know who paid a lot of money
for a "scientific" water locater got a pathetic well (1 1/2 gpm). *When the
witcher was here I tried using the magic wands (two bronze welding rods bent
at 90 degrees, one in each hand) and when you cross over a good spot the
wands will spread apart, then cross over each other, then spread apart again
(maybe it was vice versa--been a while) so it IS doing something. *My
attititude towards the whole thing is just because scientists can't explain
it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. *OTOH maybe you could simply drill
anywhere around here and hit good water. *My suggestion is to talk to your
neighbors about their wells and find out who drilled it and go with the
driller who has drilled the best wells. *Around here everyone agrees on who
is the best well driller. *The guy down the road didn't use him and went
with someone who charged less and it took about 5-6 weeks and he got a lousy
well. *I don't know if he hired a witcher. *My well took 1 1/2 days to
drill. *The guy next door decided to pay more and go deeper after finding
good water (hoping for more water I guess) and ended up with about the same
flow rate and quality that he could have gotten for less. *In your case it
sounds like deeper would be better. *I don't know if the witchers can find
two aquifers on top of each other but my guess is that simply by going
deeper you would hit the lower one. *Ask your local driller and he can
probably give you a good idea but of course they can't guarantee anything.
He should also be able to recommend a good witcher/dowser. *I don't know of
anyone who used a witcher and DIDN'T get a good well.

Thanks. Your experience matches mine.

One problem is that some well drillers generally dont like dowsers -
feel that they get in the *way.

I will keep looking.

Best,

Dwight- Hide quoted text -

They work the same as a ouija. (only one person using each side, or
personality of his brain to control the out-come)