Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Aquarium Stands for 3, 10-gal Tanks

On Jun 17, 3:47*pm, "The Ranger" wrote:
I'd like to build a stand for three 10-gallon fish aquariums for my
classroom. Preferably, I'd like something that is strong enough to handle
the weight from the water, have an area underneath for storage, and
something that cannot be pulled over should a young child "lean" on it.

Are there any "plans" out there for building such?

Many thanks!

The Ranger

Are you looking for 1 stand for all three tanks, or three stands, one
for each tank?

If it's 1 stand, or you looking for 3 tall or 3 wide?

Important questions, don't you think? g

Anyway, when I built the stand for my 55 gallon tank, I went to a
couple of pet stores with my tape measure, a pad and a pencil and took
measurements from the various wooden stands that they carried. When
the clerk came over and asked if he could help, I simply said "I'm
building a stand for the fish tank and supplies I'm going to buy from
you when it's done." He was happy to let me continue taking the
measurements.

The stand I chose turned out to be nothing more than a weekend project
and it's been holding various tanks for well over 20 years.

It looks sort of like this, but I made it shorter so the kids could
see the fish when they were young (the kids, not the fish) and I
stained it to match my decor. The 2 large rectangles are doors with
spring loaded hinges.

http://www.petco.com/Assets/product_...255000101B.jpg

DAGS and you'll find lots of sites like...

http://www.aquarium-stand-plans.com/