Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected][_2_] IlBeBauck@gmail.com[_2_] is offline

Default Oil in sealed motor?

On Jun 17, 10:13*am, "David C." wrote:
Greetings

I have an undercut/jamb saw, which hasn't been used in years. The saw was
used very little b/4 storing. I opened the case, and found oil inside the
case. The saw wasn't stored flat, the case was stored upright, which puts
the saw on its side.

Since there's no way of getting oil back in the saw, just wondered if this
will present a problem. Will the saw burn up prematurely?

Thanks

See if you can run some lighweight oil down the end of the motors
shaft (at the endbell) . which will cause some to land on the
bearings oil wick inside. If there is no shaft or place to run the
oil down, then disregard and use it till it quits.