Posted to alt.home.repair
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Ethanol In Garden Tractors, Lawn Mowers

Kurt Ullman wrote:

In article , dpb wrote:

I'm having difficulty parsing this...

I had difficulty writing it, not enough coffee, I guess. (g)

Those "that did not require oil and gas mixture" to me means 4-cycle
engines. There have been 4-cycle small engines around "since forever"
so they definitely were around well before ethanol became widespread. I
was thinking specifically of the first relatively short-lived ethanol
boom during the Carter-era shortages that affected passenger vehicles
but not, to the best of my recollection, small engines so much...

--

What I was TRYING to say is that earlier in my life, all of my
mowers required the 4-cycle oil. My last few have run on regular gas

2-cycle engines use gas-oil mix.
4-cycle engines use straight gas and have a separate oil sump.