Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim S Tim S is offline

Default MDPE copper unions?

Mike Tomlinson coughed up some electrons that declared:

In article , Tim S
writes

Mounted the stack on 3 mentally strong solid brass "hospital" saddle pipe
clamps, packed off the wal with thick square building style plate washers
to line up with the MDPE clip and hole in floor.

Forgive me, you've clearly put a lot of thought and effort into this,
but it's not exactly, um, pretty is it? Do you plan to hide it behind
some kitchen cabinets, or... ?

Indeed.

And excuse me - it is *very* pretty - all polished up and everything. I'd
marry it... ;-

That position was chosen specifically so that little lot can go into the
back of a cupboard. A stand alone cupboard to boot, to the right of the
cooker, which means that in the worst case, I could remove the cupboard for
better access if I needed to do serious work.

But the components are aligned such that normal maintenance like changing
teh PRV cartridge can be done from the right side and I doubt it would be
hard to swap a new cock in. The MDPE has enough slop to drop down an inch
if required.

The only bugger is directly above there is an arse load of timberwork, so I
may have to bend the riser pipe and route to the right (chrome time).

Cheers

Tim