Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Stone[_2_] Steve Stone[_2_] is offline

Default What channels did you lose?

Charlie wrote:
"Jim Yanik" wrote in message

I posted the first time on "transition" day. I just tried again and get two
PBS stations along with 3 or 4 substations for each.
I am just south of Sarasota so I get most stations from Tampa/St.Pete and
Fort Myers.

Is anyone receiving more channels with quality content, or just more
infomercials, more Reverend Ike types looking for money, more canned
inexpensive to produce/buy useless content from major networks to fill
in sub channels when they found out what they promised was too expensive
for the bean counters?

In the NYC metro area with the exception of PBS stations, I'm seeing sub
channels populated with sub par programming by WNBC (because it is cheap
to buy), infomercials 24x7, more preachers begging for money in
different languages on each sub channel, Mindless non stop Anime
cartoons 24x7, WOR and WNYW xmitting each others stations in SD on sub
channels, poor quality NYC traffic cams with terrible audio.

What I'd like to see is local content shows (NYC stations think nothing
out side the 5 boroughs is worthwhile unless it's an ax murder), real
local weather coverage rather than mass marketed regional weather, shows
that take advantage of local talent and activities would be a good start.

I don't need another bamboo steamer, thanks. Please no more political
left or right talking heads.