Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Charles U Farley[_3_] Charles U Farley[_3_] is offline

Default High Quality Casters For Big, Heavy Toolboxes

Too_Many_Tools wrote in news:40aa1898-f849-45af-
:
Might I suggest metal wheels.

In my experience anything else will develop flat spots over time.

And over buy in terms of capacity...some toolboxes hold well over a
thousand pounds since metal items add up fast.

TMT

I'd go with polyurethane over steel. Like these
http://www.sunray-
inc.com/store/casters.asp No opinion on this particular vendor, just the
first link I found on the ype I was searching for.
IMHO polyurethane over steel is the best of both worlds. You get the
weight capacity and flat spot resistance of metal wheels. Ability to roll
over pebbles and other small trash that would make the metal only ones come
to a stop. And a heck of a lot less noisy to drive around.
700LB capacity on this 4x2 swivel is about the same capacity you'd find on
an all steel wheel of similar size.