Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default High Quality Casters For Big, Heavy Toolboxes

On Jun 15, 9:32*pm, jon_banquer wrote:
The standard casters that Kennedy furnishes for their toolboxes
aren't
very good. I'm thinking it would be nice to have some high quality
U.S. made casters that make moving my very heavy main toolbox (see
toolbox pictures thread in alt.machines.cnc) a very easy task. Should
I be looking at
polyurethane casters with roller bearings? If not what should I be
looking for? So far I've found this:

http://www.erwagner.com/casterswheels/products/

U.S. made is my preference but if there are no high-quality U.S. made
casters than what else is there?

No cheap Chinese knock-off caster links please.

Jon Banquer
San Diego, CA

Might I suggest metal wheels.

In my experience anything else will develop flat spots over time.

And over buy in terms of capacity...some toolboxes hold well over a
thousand pounds since metal items add up fast.

TMT

TMT