Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default Raccoons under the deck

HeyBub wrote:
DerbyDad03 wrote:
"lot that backs up to a half-vacant graveyard"

That's the difference between you and I.

You see the graveyard as half vacant, while I see it as half full.

Others see it as too big.

Some see it as an opportunity.

Teen-agers see it as a place to park and make out.

I'm lucky- there are no access roads from the main graveyard down into
the wooded area behind my house. As badly as it is apparently managed, I
don't think the 'back 40' will EVER get used. In fact, the back 75-100
feet (I can't remember) of my yard technically belongs to them- a couple
of years before a bought the place, Previous Owner and 4 neighbors got a
free 30-year easement stripe from them. A couple people even put up pole
barns on the easement, which technically isn't allowed, but the
graveyard owners didn't raise a fuss. I guess they figure that when
easement runs out, they have a free shed. I'll be gone, one way or the
other, before easement runs out, so I will leave it to next owner to
worry about a rollover.

Only grief I have is, right before I moved in, the graveyard went and
put up an ugly six-foot chain link fence, 4 lots long plus an ell coming
up the side of my lot, on the back edge of the easement. It makes it
harder for the deer to get in my yard, and means I can't wander through
the woods from my back yard. So me and the neighbors chuck our deadfall
branches over the fence now, instead of burning them. (Most of them are
off trees in the easement, so they do belong to them....)

--
aem sends...