Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Ethanol In Garden Tractors, Lawn Mowers

LouB wrote:
dpb wrote:

I'd think that's on the cusp of probabilities. Possibly could find
info from either cart or engine manufacturer if it's a standard-issue
B&S or other common engine.

Did you check to make sure you've got spark, first, yet?

Its only been broken for two months so I will get around to it sooner or
later:-))

Actually, for small engines 20 years is probably a little early for
specific ethanol compatibility; it was pretty standard by then for autos
but small engines tended to come along later. I remember the flap
roughly that time w/ the first ethanol and most specifically, it seemed,
w/ the Chrysler minivans that were all the newest rage at the time had
several incompatibilities.

So, I'd say it isn't out of the question it might have had a deleterious
effect on the carb being that age. Still, in those it didn't actually
keep them from running very often, mostly they had poor mileage from
internal leaks/bypasses and perhaps some external leaks as well. The
simpler small engine single cylinder might be more prone to just not
start, though.

Anyway, start w/ spark and go from there when you do get one of them
round tuits to use on this particular project.