Posted to uk.d-i-y
Kevin Poole[_7_] Kevin Poole[_7_] is offline

Default Possible problem regarding selling a house

Cicero wrote:
On Tue, 16 Jun 2009 04:41:59 -0700, NT wrote:

On Mon, 15 Jun 2009 10:17:23 -0700, NT wrote:
"The house and land are sold as seen, as is normally the case
with property sales. The responsibility lies fully with you and
your surveyor to determine whether you think there are any
issues with the property that might affect the price you are
willing to pay. I do not intend to take on any of this
responsibility or create a situation in which lawyers can get
rich deciding who might or might not be responsible for what,
and I presume your surveyor is suitably insured against such
eventualities. I presume also that you will fully insure the
property if you purchase it."
NT

snip

Provide the source then - that's quite simple. Perhaps you made it up
yourself? It certainly doesn't appear to have much merit with or without a
source.

I would go further: it is at best banal and meaningless: at worst,
patronisingly offensive. Why on earth should the seller presume
anything about the buyer's attitude to risk, or his surveyor, or about
the fees his lawyer may be charging? If I were the buyer's solicitor
I'd take great delight in exacting revenge for this sort of nonsense,
and if I were the buyer I'd have serious doubts about the stability of
the seller.

--
Kevin Poole
****Use current date to reply (e.g. )****