Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim S Tim S is offline

Default Wetroom floor screed - does it have to be dry mix?

Rob G coughed up some electrons that declared:

I can't answer your question, Tim, but do remember to put a bias on
the floor so that the water flows towards the drain point. A friend
liked our wetroom facility, asked her builder to incorporate that into
her new house and the stupid bugger laid it flat, so that every time
you have a shower you have to sweep the water on the floor towards the
drain.

Rob

Good point. I had realised that though!

I'm using an ACO stainless channel drain across the whole middle and sloping
both sides (shower side and loo/door side) towards that.

75mm celotex insulation and UFH should see it dry quickly

Actually, I rang ACO today. Instructions say to set teh drain in a solid
8"x8" block of concrete, or something very similar. This seemed stupid.
Fortunately tech bloke agreed it was ********. He said setting in screed
layer would be fine, but set the drain first on a fairly wet bed of
sand/cement onto the celotex, let it go off then set the rest of the floor
in around it.

That's when I started wondering...

Cheers

Tim