Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Ethanol In Garden Tractors, Lawn Mowers

dpb wrote:

Not really, but you don't really have any other option unless you
can travel to one of the few states where you can get alcohol free
gasoline. To compensate you should put Sta-Bil in all your power
equipment fuel, even if you don't expect to store it that long as
the alcoholic fuel doesn't store well for even short periods.

Could that be why my gas golf cart stopped starting after I filled
the tank (it is ab old cart)?

Highly unlikely.

I don't think there's anything to back up the previous poster's
assertions.

You could probably gin up a simple still to separate the gasoline from the
alcohol. Alcohol boils at about 180°F and Octane at 260°F.

You'd have better fuel for your machine plus a little something to ease the
pain.

Wear safety goggles.