Posted to balt.general,alt.home.repair
Frank[_13_] Frank[_13_] is offline

Default Ethanol In Garden Tractors, Lawn Mowers

Murriel wrote:
Years ago I was told not to use automotive oil in garden tractors and
lawn mowers but rather oil especially formulated for those devices,
such as brands bearing the names "Briggs and Stratton," "Cub Cadet,"
etc. Now I see that the gasoline at the staion where I deal has 10%
ethanol. Is this acceptable for lawn mowers and garden tractors?

Don't know about the oil but my 3 year old snowblowers manual says not
to use gas with alcohol in it. I had not noticed this and left
stabilized alcohol containing gas in it and it would not start. I
believe repair shop had to replace some seals.

On my 2 cycle Lawnboy, I was using a good brand 2 cycle oil but
constantly having to have carburetor cleaned. Now I only use their oil
and have not had any problems.