Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Raccoons under the deck

On Jun 16, 12:05*am, aemeijers wrote:
wrote:
clipped

They're welcome around my house. Always have been, always will be.
Skunks and 'possums too. I love all the critters.

I've never met a critter I didn't like ) *My daughter, in
Indianapolis, saw a coyote strolling down the street recently. *At one
house in Florida, I had burrowing owls, 'coons, possum, fox, gopher
tortoise, occ. snake. *Possum and 'coons used to come to the screened
porch and stand up to look in at night when the light was on ...for some
reason, possum walking through the grass sounded exactly like a person
walking, which was kind of spooky at night. *Nice to have visitors )

The small woodland creatures seem to like my backyard, in this
semi-rural subdivision lot that backs up to a half-vacant graveyard. Had
an enjoyable half-hour yesterday, watching a woodchuck (I think) on my
deck, harvesting the tops of the volunteer saplings coming up in the
garden bed, before he returned to ground level to pull each shoot over
in turn, to bite off the lower leaves. I see turkeys almost every day.
Raccoons, birds, deer, bunnies, dozens of squirrels, you get the idea.
All I can figure is that since I don't use lawn chemicals, my yard
tastes better than the neighbors. Remember the old CCR song, 'Looking
out my back door'? I have the happy creatures dancing on the lawn....

--
aem sends...

"lot that backs up to a half-vacant graveyard"

That's the difference between you and I.

You see the graveyard as half vacant, while I see it as half full.