Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARWadsworth ARWadsworth is offline

Default Chrome copper water pipe?

"Bob Minchin" wrote in message
Tim S wrote:
Hi,

SWMBO has requested said pipe for a few areas which will be on show (I'd
be
happy to polish and lacquer the copper but there you go).

Which would be the most advised method for jointing?

File the chrome off and solder or compression?

Anything to watch out for with compression - or is it just a case for
olive
onto chrome pipe and do up in the normal way?

Another one:

Does chrome pipe bend OK in a bending machine? (Thinking: or does the
chrome
fall off?)

Ta

Tim

Use chrome compression fittings - bog standard. I've not bent chrome pipe
but seen the odd offset double bend in pub toilets and not noticed chrome
coming off.

Bob

Why do gents urinals have to have that offset double bend?

It cannot be to difficult to make a urinal that allows a straight pipe
connection. And yes I struggled getting the bend right on the only one I
have fitted.

Adam