Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Minchin[_2_] Bob Minchin[_2_] is offline

Default Chrome copper water pipe?

Tim S wrote:
Hi,

SWMBO has requested said pipe for a few areas which will be on show (I'd be
happy to polish and lacquer the copper but there you go).

Which would be the most advised method for jointing?

File the chrome off and solder or compression?

Anything to watch out for with compression - or is it just a case for olive
onto chrome pipe and do up in the normal way?

Another one:

Does chrome pipe bend OK in a bending machine? (Thinking: or does the chrome
fall off?)

Ta

Tim

Use chrome compression fittings - bog standard. I've not bent chrome
pipe but seen the odd offset double bend in pub toilets and not noticed
chrome coming off.

Bob