Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim S Tim S is offline

Default MDPE copper unions?

Tim S coughed up some electrons that declared:

Arrg. Too many options...

I need one underground 15mm copper to 25mm MDPE union and one 22mm copper
(or 3/4" BSP) to 25mm MDPE union.

JG Speedfit say their ones are no good underground.

Another says "do not use where end loading is possible".

Another suggests that you need 25-22 reducers before you can use the bunch
of washers and widgets.

All I need are simple, buriable robust adaptors.

Any recommendations?

Ta

Tim

On an aside,

I used one of these as my PRV:

http://www.hav.co.uk/products/shw-de...13086&cid=1099

Just done some flow measurements. My system is new-ish cock in the road
(blue water meter type witout the meter), 1/2 inch PE black pipe for about
15m to the house, jointed by me into 1.5m 25mm MDPE then into a 1/4 turn
full bore lever valve (inside cock) then into the above PRV. Static
pressure of mains is 7.5 bar.

For testing, I stuck a bit of U shaped 22mm copper onto the top pointing
down at a 14l bucket and timed the fills.

Flow rate is 50l/min regardless of pressure setting, everywhere between 2
bar to 6 bar (the limits of the PRV, more or less).

Not sure I'm going to bother with upgrading the main to the road now. I
think I have a more than adequate flow for my heatbank with direct hot
water

I'll keep all of my end in 22mm until the final drops to each usage point,
and do those in 15mm.

Also, 4 bar seems a nice setting. Good hose jet and doesn't blow the taps
off! And seems to regulate the pressure OK at 4 bar even with a tap going
full blast.

Cheers

Tim