Posted to uk.d-i-y
Cicero Cicero is offline

Default Possible problem regarding selling a house

On Tue, 16 Jun 2009 04:41:59 -0700, NT wrote:

On Jun 16, 8:45*am, Cicero wrote:
On Mon, 15 Jun 2009 16:39:39 -0700, NT wrote:
On Jun 15, 8:00*pm, Cicero wrote:
On Mon, 15 Jun 2009 11:16:53 -0700, NT wrote:
On Jun 15, 6:46*pm, Cicero wrote:
On Mon, 15 Jun 2009 10:17:23 -0700, NT wrote:

"The house and land are sold as seen, as is normally the case
with property sales. The responsibility lies fully with you and
your surveyor to determine whether you think there are any
issues with the property that might affect the price you are
willing to pay. I do not intend to take on any of this
responsibility or create a situation in which lawyers can get
rich deciding who might or might not be responsible for what,
and I presume your surveyor is suitably insured against such
eventualities. I presume also that you will fully insure the
property if you purchase it."

NT

Since you don't state a source for your quotation it has very
little value.

That is simply illogical.

It isn't remotely illogical.

The whole point of presenting a quotation such as you've produced is
to give an authoritative view on a subject.

no, its to provide material to discuss. If you dont want to discuss
its merits or demerits, ok.

NT

I'm afraid you've lost the plot.

I've already explained why I offered the quote, if you don't grasp that so
be it. Personally I was interested in discussion of its merits or
demerits.

NT

Provide the source then - that's quite simple. Perhaps you made it up
yourself? It certainly doesn't appear to have much merit with or without a
source.

Cic.

Using Ubuntu Linux
Windows shown the door