Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default Raccoons under the deck

In article ,
"Charlie" wrote:

"mike" wrote in message
On Jun 15, 5:59 am, Kurt Ullman wrote:
Apparently some raccoons have taken up residence under our deck, we see
the kids poking their heads out. I am thinking about letting them hang
out, but my wife is concerned that they may destroy things. Any
comments? Best way to get rid of them if needed?

--
"I found what I thought was a REALLY good book,
called _Girl to Grab_. Imagine my surprise when I found

Raccoons carry some _nasty_ parasites that you do not want to become
familiar with. They are in their feces.

Trap 'em or repel them with ammonia or lights. Make sure there is no
water or pet food out where they can get to it. Plunk 'em if need be.

There is also the warning that racoons are bearers of rabies.
They are not welcome guests.

Charlie

They're welcome around my house. Always have been, always will be.
Skunks and 'possums too. I love all the critters.