Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Default Underperforming toilet.

On Jun 15, 8:36*pm, "Dan Listermann" wrote:
The toilet at our camp is not flushing properly. *When flushed, the bowl
will rise, but the whirlpool will not form. *After a few minutes, the water
level will fall but the bowl is never flushed. *If I manually cause the tank
to fill to a higher level than normal and then hold the flapper open for the
tank to fully drain, the whirlpool does form and the bowl clears. *This came
on suddenly. *It looks like I have a partial clog. *The plumber's helper
does not seem to help. *I suspect female trouble.

Will the kind of snake used for sinks and such work in a toilet or do I have
to buy one of the special ones for toilets?

Get good advice from maybe Ace Hardware and buy what they recommend
snakewise. Option Two would be remove the toilet to work on it if the
snake seems helpless. You Tube and other sources can guide you through
a toilet remove and install, as folks in the NG have said many times,
'it isn't rocket science'. Having a straight shot down the waste pipe
with the snake is far easier than getting it through all the twists
and turns in the commode itself.

Joe