Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bob[_7_] Bob[_7_] is offline

Default High Quality Casters For Big, Heavy Toolboxes

On Mon, 15 Jun 2009 19:32:50 -0700 (PDT), jon_banquer
wrote:

The standard casters that Kennedy furnishes for their toolboxes
aren't
very good. I'm thinking it would be nice to have some high quality
U.S. made casters that make moving my very heavy main toolbox (see
toolbox pictures thread in alt.machines.cnc) a very easy task. Should
I be looking at
polyurethane casters with roller bearings? If not what should I be
looking for? So far I've found this:

http://www.erwagner.com/casterswheels/products/

U.S. made is my preference but if there are no high-quality U.S. made
casters than what else is there?

No cheap Chinese knock-off caster links please.

Jon Banquer
San Diego, CA

Check Grainger & McMaster-Carr. I'm using 6" steel w/polyurethane
tires and ball bearings, 850 lb. capacity each. Toolbox is a LARGE
Vidmar box.
Bob