Posted to rec.woodworking

Default How to make a Spiral Groove in Column

Legacy ornamental mill

http://legacywoodworking.com/index.cfm

On Jun 15, 2:26*pm, "SonomaProducts.com" wrote:
Sheesh, I've been watching this thred waiting for someone to post the
name of that darn machine that is perfect for this stuff but I can't
recall the name. It's like National or Century or something. I see
thme on craigs and eBay now and then. They are a big red lath type
thing but specifically for doing spirals and other fancy linear
cutting. They have like a canvas catch basin for *the chips too. I'll
poke around and see if I can find the name. You can get the low end
version for about $1,000 or cheaper.

On Jun 15, 1:24*pm, Steve Turner
wrote:

Andy Dingley wrote:
On 14 June, 15:01, eganders wrote:
I need to make a spiral groove in a couple of columns. *

You want one of these:
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fi...athe_(Carpentr....

You're right! *Do you know where I can get one?

To reply, eat the taco.http://www.flickr.com/photos/bbqboyee/- Hide quoted text -