Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Wiki: Rivet

In article ,
Steve Walker wrote:
Our school did Woodwork, Metalwork and EWTP (Engineering Workshop Theory
and Practice) as separate subjects - in EWTP we designed, drew and made
things like toolmaker's clamps and in my case, an adjustable stand for a
dial test indicator that could be used on a surface plate or with an
extension section bolted on, on my father's lathe.

Most decent projects combined learning new skills with hopefully a useful
object at the end. One of ours was a dustpan - so all the tinplate skills.
My mother was still using it some 40 years later. ;-)

--
*Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.