Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Finding Storm Door Replacement Frame and Glass?? HELP!!!

MICHELLE H. wrote:
Hello everyone,

I am new to the group, and need some help ASAP!! I need to know where
I might be able to find a frame and tempered glass for a storm door??

Here is the situation. When I moved into the home I am currently
living in 6 years ago, there were 2 storms doors already installed on
the house. One on the back door, and one on the front porch.

The doors are both the same design, even though the front storm door
is wider than the back storm door.

Anyway as I said, when we moved in, the doors were already installed,
and the back storm door has the "tempered glass", and the front storm
door had he screen installed on it. Well, when we moved in, we noticed
that the "tempered glass" for the front storm door, was nowhere to be
found.

So basically we are stuck leaving the screen in all year round, and in
the winter, all the cold air comes onto the enclosed porch, but now
there is a bigger problem.

Our indoor male kitty that we just got a few months ago likes to go
out on the porch during the day to sit in the sun, or look out the
window at the birds. Well, a stray cat has been hanging around our
house, and our kitty has been jumping up and hanging from the screen
on the front storm door making holes in it.

A needle and thread can make temporary repairs to the screen.