Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Raccoons under the deck

On Jun 15, 11:09*am, "
wrote:
Kurt Ullman wrote:
Apparently some raccoons have taken up residence under our deck, we see
the kids poking their heads out. I am thinking about letting them hang
out, but my wife is concerned that they may destroy things. Any
comments? Best way to get rid of them if needed?

There was a whole colony of them that visited the cherry tree and
raspberry bushes in neighbor's yard, just after dusk. *I would leave a
snack about that time, watch for them, and close it up when they are
out. *They are very crafty, as you probably know, and can open trash
cans, coolers, campers, etc.

They are very crafty, as you probably know, and can open ...
campers, etc.

Dateline: Big Forest State Park, 6/15/2009

Three campers were found dead on Saturday morning, apparently opened
by raccoons. Robert and Susan Bathwhite, along with Robert's brother
Steve, were discovered by park rangers in their tents after they
failed to show up at the free pancake breakfast held by the camp
staff. "Everyone knows how much Robert and Steve love their pancakes,"
said veteran ranger Tom "Woodsy" McPherson, "and when they didn't show
up this morning, we became very worried."

All three campers had gaping holes in their chests, although it
appears at this time that all of their organs were intact. Ranger
McPherson went on to say "We've had a rash of these occurrences
lately. It seems that the raccoons have progressed from opening
coolers and trash cans to opening campers. Apparently human organs are
not to their liking, so they simply leave the camper open and walk
away."