Posted to alt.home.repair
bob haller bob haller is offline

Default Raccoons under the deck

On Jun 15, 9:14�am, "HeyBub" wrote:
Kurt Ullman wrote:
Apparently some raccoons have taken up residence under our deck, we
see the kids poking their heads out. I am thinking about letting them
hang out, but my wife is concerned that they may destroy things. Any
comments? Best way to get rid of them if needed?

From another group last year:

PSYCHO RACCOONS RAMPAGE, RIOT, RAPE, AND KILL

Well, maybe not rape, but this Washington state masked gang HAS killed
almost a dozen cats and attacked both dogs and humans.

The pack is lead by "one really big, bad dude... a monster... They are in
command." The article reads like one has to step over the bodies littering
the area.

Various solutions have been tried: trapping, dogs, negotiation, trading
territory for peace. Nothing has worked. Strangely, no one in the article
has suggested using ol' double-barreled Betsy to blow their furry butts to
animal kingdom come. Possibly because all this mayhem is happening in
Olympia, [an anti-gun city].

[link no longer works]http://www.theolympian.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060821/NEWS/6...

ahh just leave them be.we have had them live around here, they tend to
move on after babies are grown.

just stay away from them and all will be fine.

keep small kids away