Andy Dingley

Default contact cement question

On Mon, 03 Nov 2003 00:25:49 GMT, "Mike in Mystic"
wrote:

First, I'm pretty sure my problem was using a
water-based product on MDF.

As contact cement, I use Evostick 528 - usually sold for
leatherworking. It's getting hard to find, but damn the glue
sniffers, I want to use the real stuff that works !

If you've used a water based contact cement on MDF, I think the usual
technique is to give it one coat, let it dry completely, then treat it
as a primer and apply a second coat to do the actual gluing.