Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Cheap servo amp on eBay

RogerN wrote:
I have an older Anilam CNC Bridgeport and Anilam CNC lathe. They both use
motors with tach feedback, the mill uses DRO scales for position feedback to
control and the lathe uses encoders coupled to the ballscrews. I replaced
the original amplifiers with AMC amplifiers similar to those in your link,
they work great.

How does you system use both tach feedback & encoders? It seems like
the encoders would give all the feedback that's needed.

... and I can browse the internet while on the lathe. :-)

A definite advantage G.

Bob