Posted to alt.home.repair
Sea Dog Sea Dog is offline

Default Cellular to Wired Home Phone

ransley wrote:
On Jun 13, 2:59 pm, Sea Dog wrote:
JIMMIE wrote:
I was told that there was a cellular device you can plug into your
home phone wiring and it makes all you regular wired phones work
through the cell system. I have never heard of it before and havent
been able to find anything on Google. What do you call the thing?
Jimmie

I have an old analog bag phone that has a device that plugs in to let me
fax and use regular telephones, it cost $175.00 15 years ago. Analog no
longer works in my area but when I go to a large metropolitan area I
have tested the phone and it still works, but cellular companies won't
let me use it for service so I can use a company called American Roaming
to buy air time and use a special number to make calls. It won't receive
calls, but you can call out.

There is a way to rig up a telephone handset to a cell phone so you can
use it to talk, but if you try to rig up a complete telephone to it
you will burn out your cell phone. I have the instructions and will rig
it up as soon as I get a part I'm waiting for. It plugs into where a
headset goes. On the directions it shows someone sitting on the subway
using it and people staring in amazement.

Other than that you're SOL.

Sea Dog

Why would you burn out your cell

The directions don't go into specifics as to what causes it to burn out.

Sea Dog