Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Cellular to Wired Home Phone

I was told that there was a cellular device you can plug into your
home phone wiring and it makes all you regular wired phones work
through the cell system. I have never heard of it before and havent
been able to find anything on Google. What do you call the thing?

Jimmie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 12, 5:13*pm, JIMMIE wrote:
I was told that there was a cellular device you can plug into your
home phone wiring and it makes all you regular wired phones work
through the cell system. I have never heard of it before and havent
been able to find anything on Google. What do you call the thing?

Jimmie

I havnt heard of that but there is Blue Tooth home phones, just a
cordless home phone system that does Blue Tooth, Google Blue Tooth
Home Phones, GE, Vtech, ATT have them. I am getting it and not going
to use it for land line but a Cell extender. Vtech seems to have a
nice unit you can use different cell numbers and get maybe 6 handsets.
I think its called Dect6 but am not sure. www.smithgear.com carries
a few makes.
Posted to alt.home.repair

JIMMIE wrote:
I was told that there was a cellular device you can plug into your
home phone wiring and it makes all you regular wired phones work
through the cell system. I have never heard of it before and havent
been able to find anything on Google. What do you call the thing?

Jimmie

I believe they are common in Europe.

Lou
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 12 Jun 2009 18:45:30 -0400, Hipupchuck
wrote:

JIMMIE wrote:
I was told that there was a cellular device you can plug into your
home phone wiring and it makes all you regular wired phones work
through the cell system. I have never heard of it before and havent
been able to find anything on Google. What do you call the thing?

Jimmie

Why bother? Just use the cell phone.

To me, the main advantage of home phone is that you can have several
of them. If your cell phone has bluetooth, look at this:
http://www.amazon.com/Intellitouch-I...58875&sr =1-1
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us

"Properly read, the Bible is the most potent
force for atheism ever conceived." -- Isaac Asimov
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

JIMMIE wrote:
I was told that there was a cellular device you can plug into your
home phone wiring and it makes all you regular wired phones work
through the cell system. I have never heard of it before and havent
been able to find anything on Google. What do you call the thing?

Jimmie

Why bother? Just use the cell phone.

To me, the main advantage of home phone is that you can have several
of them. If your cell phone has bluetooth, look at this:
http://www.amazon.com/Intellitouch-I...58875&sr =1-1

Thx from a passer-by

Lou

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

JIMMIE wrote:
I was told that there was a cellular device you can plug into your
home phone wiring and it makes all you regular wired phones work
through the cell system. I have never heard of it before and havent
been able to find anything on Google. What do you call the thing?

Jimmie

Why bother? Just use the cell phone.

Maybe he has several hard wired phones and doesn't want to carry the
cell phone everywhere he goes in the house. I understand some people
have their cell surgically attached to their head but some of us
don't.

Or he could be wanting to hook his alarm system up (cheaply) to a cell phone
and avoid the vulnerability of a cut land-line connection.- Hide quoted text -

That is something that would be worth doing for many, I wonder if it
would be that easy as just using that system. My alarm co wanted near
1200.00 to do a cell system dialer.
Posted to alt.home.repair

ransley wrote:
wrote:

JIMMIE wrote:
[...]

Here's one called the "Dock-N-Talk" Units are available on Ebay from $75 or
so
http://www.phonelabs.com/prd05.asp

Here's another
http://www.cell2telgateway.com/cell2tel.php

Both require Bluetooth, but Bluetooth adaptors are available for non-blue
cellphones.

Posted to alt.home.repair

JIMMIE wrote:
I was told that there was a cellular device you can plug into your
home phone wiring and it makes all you regular wired phones work
through the cell system. I have never heard of it before and havent
been able to find anything on Google. What do you call the thing?

Jimmie

I have an old analog bag phone that has a device that plugs in to let me
fax and use regular telephones, it cost $175.00 15 years ago. Analog no
longer works in my area but when I go to a large metropolitan area I
have tested the phone and it still works, but cellular companies won't
let me use it for service so I can use a company called American Roaming
to buy air time and use a special number to make calls. It won't receive
calls, but you can call out.

There is a way to rig up a telephone handset to a cell phone so you can
use it to talk, but if you try to rig up a complete telephone to it
you will burn out your cell phone. I have the instructions and will rig
it up as soon as I get a part I'm waiting for. It plugs into where a
headset goes. On the directions it shows someone sitting on the subway
using it and people staring in amazement.

Other than that you're SOL.

Sea Dog

Posted to alt.home.repair

Sea Dog wrote:
JIMMIE wrote:
[...]

I wonder if a shoe phone will work. *snicker*

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 13, 2:59*pm, Sea Dog wrote:
JIMMIE wrote:
[...]

Why would you burn out your cell
Posted to alt.home.repair

Sea Dog wrote:
JIMMIE wrote:
I was told that there was a cellular device you can plug into your
home phone wiring and it makes all you regular wired phones work
through the cell system. I have never heard of it before and havent
been able to find anything on Google. What do you call the thing?

Jimmie

I have an old analog bag phone that has a device that plugs in to let me
fax and use regular telephones, it cost $175.00 15 years ago. Analog no
longer works in my area but when I go to a large metropolitan area I
have tested the phone and it still works, but cellular companies won't
let me use it for service so I can use a company called American Roaming
to buy air time and use a special number to make calls. It won't receive
calls, but you can call out.

How many hundred more do you want for free? My buddy's friend has an
alarm business and has a six foot high pile of those (along with the
official Motorola alarm adapters) in his garage that they pulled out of
his customers when carriers had the option to let analog to go dead.

There is a way to rig up a telephone handset to a cell phone so you can
use it to talk, but if you try to rig up a complete telephone to it
you will burn out your cell phone. I have the instructions and will rig
it up as soon as I get a part I'm waiting for. It plugs into where a
headset goes. On the directions it shows someone sitting on the subway
using it and people staring in amazement.

Its pretty unlikely that analog service will exist except in a few areas
for much longer.

Other than that you're SOL.

Sea Dog

Posted to alt.home.repair

ransley wrote:
On Jun 13, 2:59 pm, Sea Dog wrote:
JIMMIE wrote:
[...]

The directions don't go into specifics as to what causes it to burn out.

Sea Dog
Posted to alt.home.repair

George wrote:
Sea Dog wrote:
JIMMIE wrote:

There is a way to rig up a telephone handset to a cell phone so you can
use it to talk, but if you try to rig up a complete telephone to it
you will burn out your cell phone. I have the instructions and will rig
it up as soon as I get a part I'm waiting for. It plugs into where a
headset goes. On the directions it shows someone sitting on the subway
using it and people staring in amazement.

Its pretty unlikely that analog service will exist except in a few areas
for much longer.

The adapter for the telephone handset is for modern digital cell phones,
not the old analog cell phones.

Sea Dog

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 12, 8:31*pm, LouB wrote:
JIMMIE wrote:
I was told that there was a cellular device you can plug into your
home phone wiring and it makes all you regular wired phones work
through the cell system. I have never heard of it before and havent
been able to find anything on Google. What do you call the thing?

Jimmie

I believe they are common in Europe.

Lou

I wanted to get away from carrying my cell phone with me everywhere in
the house and also tired of paying for both wired and wireless.

Jimmie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 14, 12:41*pm, Sea Dog wrote:
ransley wrote:
On Jun 13, 2:59 pm, Sea Dog wrote:
JIMMIE wrote:
[...]

Sea Dog- Hide quoted text -

Are these printed directions by a phone manufacturer, or a theory. I
dont think harm would be done, it is just Blue Tooth.
Posted to alt.home.repair

George wrote:
Sea Dog wrote:
JIMMIEwrote:

There is a way to rig up a telephone handset to a cell phone so you can
use it to talk, but if you try to rig up a complete telephone to it
you will burn out your cell phone. I have the instructions and will rig
it up as soon as I get a part I'm waiting for. It plugs into where a
headset goes. On the directions it shows someone sitting on the subway
using it and people staring in amazement.

Its pretty unlikely that analog service will exist except in a few areas
for much longer.

The adapter for the telephone handset is for modern digital cell phones,
not the old analog cell phones.

Sea Dog- Hide quoted text -

Thanks, I had it shipped 2nd day but it got here in one. I love it. I
can come home drop my phone in the charger and answer it from any
room in the house. I can even take my cordless phone outside and leave
my cellphone in the charger. Soon to have no phone bill because my
employer pays for my cell phone.

Jimmie
Jimmie
Posted to alt.home.repair

Thanks, I had it shipped 2nd day but
it got here in one. I love it. I
can come home drop my phone in the charger and answer it from any
room in the house. I can even take my cordless phone outside and leave
my cellphone in the charger. Soon to have no phone bill because my
employer pays for my cell phone.

Jimmie

Except, I don't know if you heard, the
government wants add income