Posted to alt.home.repair
DT DT is offline

Default Using water drianed from softener in garden

In article ,
says...
We have a problem with our water softener not drawing brine during
the regeneration cycle because the drain it is connected to is slow
draining. The softener is twelve years old. This problem has just
started in the last few months. A few months ago, my brother got it
to work again by running a manual 25 foot snake down the drain. This
time he used a rented 75 foot power snake but did not solve the
problem.

We are wondering if we can run the drain into the garden. Would
this water have too much salt for the plants? Thank you in advance
for all replies.

I sprinkle softener salt on the center of my driveway to keep weeds
down. It kills everything and one light covering lasts a year. Best,
cheapest herbicide I have found yet.

--
Dennis