Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Telephones and networks

On Sun, 14 Jun 2009 10:24:21 +0100, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Mind your I don't know if you'd actually get useable ADSL on 5
kilo feet of overhead line mind let alone 16,000 odd for a three

mile
one.

Don/t be daft. I am that distance, its mostly overhead, and I get

3.5Mbps

Which distance, 5 or 15 thousand feet?

5000 feet.

So you are getting a lower sync rate than me (3.5 v 5(*) ish) but my
line is three times the length of yours at 15,000' but underground...
Overhead is not good for ADSL. I presume that sync rate is what it
will maintain 24/7. What happens if it syncs at night?

(*) It's **** ATM 'cause BT have been ferreting in the joints and it
takes a week to settle back down and for them to stop coming back
fixing the faults they put on ferreting in the joints the first
time... Fecking ali cable...

--
Cheers
Dave.