Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default drain fly problem

aemeijers wrote in
:

iwdplz wrote:
I'd try one of those bacterial drain cleaners that you can get in any
hardware store. The bacteria will eat the blank gunk in the drain
which is the food source for these flies. The real solution is to
find their source. Is water dripping behind a wall? Water
condensation coming from the air conditioner? Get rid of organic
matter near the source..

When I have clouds of tiny insects inside (fruitflies, or those little
orange spherical bugs, or whatever), I find the best way to clear them
is with a shop vac, which I immediately empty outside in case any
survived the carnival ride.

And/or spray a little bug spray in the hose while it's running.

Plus eliminate their food source, of
course.

--
aem sends...