Posted to alt.home.repair
jeff_wisnia[_2_] jeff_wisnia[_2_] is offline

Default The Amish are back.......

Walter R. wrote:
That's how evolution works. Anybody dumb enough to believe this nonsense and
spend good money on this simple fan, will be deprived of his money. Thus he
will be unable to buy food and perish. He will not replicate his (dumb)
genes. That's how the human race gets upgraded.

We should be grateful to the Amish for providing these miracles of heating
and cooling technology. :-)

I think it's more than just a fan.

A newspaper ad about it I read last week makes it sound like you have to
freeze some liquid filled plastic containers like the kind you'd place
in with stuff in a cooler box. And then stick them inside the thing.

They nicely avoid mentioning the energy used to freeze those things in
your kitchen fridge, or the space they probably take up in the freezer
compartment while you're doing that.

"There's a sucker born every minute."...But according to this link, it
wasn't Barnum who said that.

http://www.historybuff.com/library/refbarnum.html

Jeff

--