Posted to alt.home.repair

Default The Amish are back.......

http://www.coolsurge.com/index.cfm
Posted to alt.home.repair

That's how evolution works. Anybody dumb enough to believe this nonsense and
spend good money on this simple fan, will be deprived of his money. Thus he
will be unable to buy food and perish. He will not replicate his (dumb)
genes. That's how the human race gets upgraded.

We should be grateful to the Amish for providing these miracles of heating
and cooling technology. :-)
--
Walter
www.rationality.net
"gilb" wrote in message
http://www.coolsurge.com/index.cfm

Posted to alt.home.repair

Walter R. wrote:
That's how evolution works. Anybody dumb enough to believe this nonsense and
spend good money on this simple fan, will be deprived of his money. Thus he
will be unable to buy food and perish. He will not replicate his (dumb)
genes. That's how the human race gets upgraded.

We should be grateful to the Amish for providing these miracles of heating
and cooling technology. :-)

I think it's more than just a fan.

A newspaper ad about it I read last week makes it sound like you have to
freeze some liquid filled plastic containers like the kind you'd place
in with stuff in a cooler box. And then stick them inside the thing.

They nicely avoid mentioning the energy used to freeze those things in
your kitchen fridge, or the space they probably take up in the freezer
compartment while you're doing that.

"There's a sucker born every minute."...But according to this link, it
wasn't Barnum who said that.

http://www.historybuff.com/library/refbarnum.html

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)
Posted to alt.home.repair

jeff_wisnia wrote:
Walter R. wrote:
[...]

Nothing new, just dubious marketing for an evaporative cooler "swamp
cooler" which actually works in low humidity high-heat conditions. It is
notably useless in a higher humidity situation.

http://blogs.consumerreports.org/hom...chtronics.html
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 13, 5:39*pm, "gilb" wrote:
http://www.coolsurge.com/index.cfm

As George said, it's just a swamp cooler. They are very useful in
some circumstances and nearly useless in others. But if it's a hot
summer day and you're working in your garage, or if you are on the
sidelines of a football game, they work pretty well. If you are at
100F and 95% humidity, they aren't so good.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"gilb" wrote in message
http://www.coolsurge.com/index.cfm

They should be ashamed of themselves.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"gilb" wrote in :

http://www.

I find it odd that anyone would click on a post with only a link for
content from an unfamiliar (to me anyway) poster.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 13, 4:39*pm, "gilb" wrote:
http://www.coolsurge.com/index.cfm

A bucket of ice with a fan blowing on it might be as good. CR magazine
said it might only cool a room 2 degress, not the 10 advertised.
Evaporating water and raising the humidity could make you less
comfortable, and the price they charge for that junk!
Posted to alt.home.repair

Two things of note:

1) Other than a mailing address in Ohio, the web site makes no
suggestion I can find of any relation to the Amish. I think the OP was
making a joke about the level of technology used by this device. I
would be surprised if it's not made in China.

2) It's not JUST an evaporative cooler, it also uses blocks of "ice"
to absorb heat from the room. Of course, they don't mention that
unless your freezer is outside it will return all that heat to the air
in the kitchen, plus some extra heat from running the compressor.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Yeah, some company fraudulently using the Amish good
reputation to hawk their junk. Shame on the company.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Master Tang" wrote in message

"gilb" wrote in message
http://www.coolsurge.com/index.cfm

They should be ashamed of themselves.

Posted to alt.home.repair

The "HeatSurge / Coolsurge" scam has been dicussed in here at least once
before. To get an idea of the actual cooling capacity of the Coolsurge,
just remember where the term "ton" comes from when used when used in
the air conditioning capacity context, and then look at the plastic
thing you freeze that supplies the "coolsurge". And that's not even
counting the heat from the freezer that is added to the house as another
poster mentioned. About like trying to cool the house by leaving the
refrigerator door open. Larry

Posted to alt.home.repair

Red Green wrote:
"gilb" wrote in :

http://www.

I find it odd that anyone would click on a post with only a link for
content from an unfamiliar (to me anyway) poster.

Not everyone is ate up with paranoia .

Posted to alt.home.repair

Mr.Spock wrote:
Still Just Me... wrote in
:

On Sun, 14 Jun 2009 06:31:59 -0500, wrote:

Aside from their strict
religion, and unusual clothing, they are little different than anyone
else.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrowbOGZJwg

There are quite a number of differences.

amish don't wear buttons? i didn't know that..

maybe i should learn things from a better source then youtube?
--
a href="http://0e2edluc6lu85z2wx1qn0m7k8m.hop.clickbank.net/"
target="_top"FatLoss4Idiots/a

br

a href="http://5a51a6ya4izaeue0mkyy1g2248.hop.clickbank.net/"
target="_top"The Automated Twitter Growth & Money Making System/a

br

a href="http://e39b2in2vjz83z7h1t7n8odv9j.hop.clickbank.net/"
target="_top"iSoftwaretv/a

Can't beat Amish craftsmanship! HeyBub[_3_] Home Repair 97 February 27th 09 03:07 PM
Amish Tom Watson Woodworking 12 October 10th 08 01:36 AM
Amish Plans [email protected] Woodworking 0 February 17th 06 01:42 AM
Amish Buggy Scale Plans [email protected] Woodworking 2 April 12th 05 07:17 PM
INSPIRATION (sorta) - Amish Dog Houses J T Woodworking 0 January 10th 05 08:26 AM