Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Cellular to Wired Home Phone

Sea Dog wrote:
JIMMIE wrote:
I was told that there was a cellular device you can plug into your
home phone wiring and it makes all you regular wired phones work
through the cell system. I have never heard of it before and havent
been able to find anything on Google. What do you call the thing?

Jimmie

I have an old analog bag phone that has a device that plugs in to let me
fax and use regular telephones, it cost $175.00 15 years ago. Analog no
longer works in my area but when I go to a large metropolitan area I
have tested the phone and it still works, but cellular companies won't
let me use it for service so I can use a company called American Roaming
to buy air time and use a special number to make calls. It won't receive
calls, but you can call out.

There is a way to rig up a telephone handset to a cell phone so you can
use it to talk, but if you try to rig up a complete telephone to it
you will burn out your cell phone. I have the instructions and will rig
it up as soon as I get a part I'm waiting for. It plugs into where a
headset goes. On the directions it shows someone sitting on the subway
using it and people staring in amazement.

Other than that you're SOL.

Sea Dog

I wonder if a shoe phone will work. *snicker*

TDD