Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM[_2_] RBM[_2_] is offline

Default Volts and AC's and DC's and Gar. Door Opener

"Wilfred Xavier Pickles" wrote in message

Exhibit A:
Ancient Stanley garage door opener from the 1980's, runs -only- on 120v
AC.

Exhibit B:
Skylink universal gar. door remote kit. Receiver is designed to wire
into push-button circuit, runs on 12v DC 100mA.

Exhibit C:
Ancient Signalman converter, "for use with telephone".
Input: 117v AC 60Hz 6W, standard male-spade plug.
Output: 12v DC 300 mA

Would it at all be plausible to adapt C to enable B to work with A?
How to wire? Just plug the converter input into wall, splice output
to B receiver?

Thx,
Will

Seems to me that it would be unnecessary. Even old door operators have a set
of momentary contact terminals that you connect your push buttons to. The
wireless remotes that I've seen, just connect to those two screws, plug the
device in to an outlet, and the remote closes it's switch momentarily.