Posted to uk.d-i-y
PeterC PeterC is offline

Default NiMH Batterys

On Sat, 13 Jun 2009 10:57:27 +0100, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article ,
Arfa Daily wrote:
The biggest advantage of NiMH types, apart from the obvious size /
capacity one, is that they don't suffer memory effect, which is
something that has always plagued NiCds.

Strange. I've been using Ni-Cads for a very long time - well before
cordless tools or mobile phones became common and have *never* experienced
this.

Same here. Even 20+ years ago, mine was the only bleeper at work that would
run for a week. Standard instruction from on 'igh was to take the bleepers
back to the gatehouse every night. I refused - after a couple of years mine
was the only one that'd do more than about 6 hours!

With the combi I let it get v. low before charging. Still don't have any
tools with NiMH, as the old ones keep going.
--
Peter.
it's been flattened with an angel-grinder.