Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Uncuttable phone wires?

DGDevin wrote:
Oren wrote:

In the James Caan movie (1981) "Thief", they sprayed the bell alarms
with expanding foam, let is set and went to work on the bank..

They did the same in the robbery I mentioned, as well as cutting the
phone lines in multiple locations just to make sure they got the
right line.
Another cute trick I saw in a commercial burglary involved opening a
locked door by using a chisel to cut out a chunk of door frame so the
still-locked door could swing open with the bolt still sticking out
of the lock. Those aluminum-clad wood door frames common in
commercial properties look way tougher than they are. These days
cordless power tools mean they don't have to use chisels anymore.

Yet one more use for the HARBOR FREIGHT MULTIFUNCTION POWER TOOL (maybe the
cordless version)!