Posted to uk.d-i-y
Broadback[_2_] Broadback[_2_] is offline

Default NiMH Batterys

The Medway Handyman wrote:
Just got a flyer from www.itslondon.co.uk who have special offers on Makita
batteries amongst other things.

14.4v x 2.6Ah NiMH battery for £30 + VAT. Seems good to me.

I currently have 1.3Ah NiCD's, so I guess the extra Ah would be useful, but
is there an advantage or indeed disadvantage to NiMH batteries? I guess the
same charger would work?

My charger has 2 settings, NiMH and NiCD, so I guess there is a
difference. I have been having problem with batteries running out when
using my Garmin GPS 60CSX on longish walks, tried rechargeable and
standard. How ever I have been recommended ReCyko as not bleeding their
charge and having that bit of extra. Got them but not used them yet.

--
Please reply to group,emails to designated
address are never read.