Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Uncuttable phone wires?

mm wrote:
On Fri, 12 Jun 2009 11:27:16 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

Bill J. wrote:
Is there an acceptable (legally and to the phone company) way to
install phone wires and exterior service box such that one's phone
service cannot be easily disconnected by burglars, etc. without(at a
minimum) noisy methods and tools?

A decoy phone box.

When some cars still had exterior hood releases, I installed an under
the hood handle that looked like it opened the hood but really just
tripped the car alarm. It looked great. I once found the alarm
runnng, and I think someone fell for it and tripped my device.
Nothing else was open or damaged and if a car had bumped me
accidentally, I don't think the mercury switches would have tripped.

The hood wasn't opened but then again, this wasn't even connected to
the hood.

I had a customer, an old Black man who was
loosing batteries from under the hood of
his old land yacht. The burglars were taking
the batteries while he slept. I installed a
pin switch under the hood and a key switch
between a pair of headlights on one side of
the grill. The switch simply powered the car
horns whenever the hood was lifted. The old
fellow was awakened one night by the car horns,
crash of the hood and a loud scream. He never
lost another battery.

TDD