Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair,rec.gardens
Dioclese Dioclese is offline

Default Where buy high quality low voltage landscape lights ?

"Smitty Two" wrote in message
news
In article ,
"brooklyn1" wrote:

And there are now solar lamps that do emit
enough light to illuminate relatively large areas and/or throw light a
distance sufficient for a flag atop a pole.

Well, illuminating a flag atop a pole is pretty far down my priority
list. I might get to it one day, after I alphabetize my soup cans. But
when I was browsing HD recently I checked out the lumen specs on solar
lights and they were just a shade less bright than a single briquette of
glowing charcoal. I don't remember seeing any that were more than 10 or
12 lumens, which would be enough to read 24 point type by if you had
about 50 of them focused on one spot. Tell me more about these new ones
that you've found. Source? Manufacturer? Lumen spec?

He didn't say how tall the flagpole was, or its corresponding sized flag
either. That could be a factor regardless the lumens stated. All ones for
that purpose I've seen are using standard electrical power from a meter loop
of some sort. They also have a focusing shroud around such a light. Said
light is pointed at the top of the flagpole to cover all directions the flag
could furl. Guess if you're wearing a low-light detection device, you could
see such a flag illuminated by a solar-powered light.
--
Dave