Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Uncuttable phone wires?

On Jun 12, 7:42*pm, Josh wrote:
On Fri, 12 Jun 2009 13:08:38 -0700 (PDT), JIMMIE

wrote:

I had a friend that did pretty much that. He was in the vending
machine business and often had large sums of cash at his business over
the weekend. A pair on the phone lines was wired into the alarm
system. This scared off would be burglars a couple of times. There was
no real worries about them getting any money as it was all in a big
walkin safe but in the past they did a lot of damage breaking in the
place.

When I worked in a supermarket years ago, we were instructed to open
all of the register cash drawers at the end of the day -- they were
empty (the tills with cash were locked in the safe), but another store
in the chain had a breakin with thousands of dollars of damage to the
registers before the would-be theives found out they were empty.

Josh

"opened all of the register cash drawers at the end of the day"

We did the same thing, for the same reason, in a small corner pharmacy
when I was a teenager.

It may have saved the cash register, but it didn't help the owner.
Sometime after I left to join the service, my mom sent me an article
about how they found the owner face down on the floor, his hands tied
behind his back, a single bullet hole in the back of his head.

I wonder if it had anything to do with the small brown bags of cash
(which I wasn't supposed to know was cash) that I occasionally
delivered to cigar smoking guys in the car wash across the street.