Posted to alt.home.repair
Larry The Snake Guy Larry The Snake Guy is offline

Default Uncuttable phone wires?

On Jun 12, 1:06 pm, "gilb" wrote:
I also find it rather tedious when asking a specific question to get a
"funny\cridical" answer rather than a genuine reply to my issue.

While I agree with this statement, I don't see where that was the case
here. The OP asked how to protect the phone lines. There's most likely
nothing he can do that the phone company will accept that can't be
disabled in 2 seconds with an ax or maybe a sledge hammer. If he has a
cell phone, a burglar would have to take out one or more well hidden
cell towers in the neighborhood to cut him off.

To continue the theme of uncolicited advice...

Bill, if being able to call out is part of your concern and not just
your alarm system (I think the big companies have a cell modem backup
option these days) the answer of course is to do both, use a locking
box and conduit as someone else suggested AND a cell phone. Also, make
sure you have at least one phone on your land line that will operate
without wall current. You might have to order a magazine subscription
to get one anymore...