Posted to alt.home.repair
Earlee Walston Earlee Walston is offline

Default drain fly problem

Over the last couple of years, I have had drain flies I can't get rid of.
Last year, I discovered a leak under the sink that had evidently been active
for quite some time, but once fixed over time they nearly disappeared.

This year, they have returned with a vengeance. I see them in nearly every
room of the house, especially near the transoms, and they are all around the
fluorescent light above the kitchen sink. I can't figure out the source. I
read that water is the cause yet no more leaks under the sink so what could
they be attracted to? And how do I get rid of them?

Thanks,
Earlee